If you need urgent veterinary assistance during the hours that we are open, call 09 479 7282 and we will do everything we can to help you.
Out of Hours Emergency Cover
When our clinic is closed at night, over the weekend or on a Public Holiday.
Our recommended veterinary emergency care provider is:
What is an Emergency?
The veterinary emergencies that need action NOW include the following:
- Severe bleeding, or minor bleeding that doesn’t stop within five minutes
- Choking, difficulty breathing or nonstop coughing and gagging
- Bleeding from nose, mouth, rectum, coughing up blood, or blood in urine
- Inability to urinate or pass faeces (stool), or obvious pain associated with urinating or passing stool
- Injuries to your pet’s eye(s)
- You suspect or know your pet has eaten something poisonous (such as antifreeze, chocolate, rodent poison, etc.)
- Seizures and/or staggering
- Fractured bones, severe lameness or inability to move leg(s)
- Obvious signs of pain or extreme anxiety
- Heat stress or heatstroke
- Severe vomiting or diarrhoea – more than two episodes in a 24-hour period, or either of these combined with obvious illness or any of the other problems listed here
- Refusal to drink for 24 hours or more
Any pet health situation that is causing you worry or concern is worth a call either for advice or action. Ph 09 479 7282 during clinic hours, or 09 2815 815 out of hours.